Congratualtions to all of our students who competed at District Auditions! Cy-Fair was well represented. The following students have successfully advanced to Region Choir auditions in October:
September/October Upcoming Events
|Saturday, September 12||Choir Car Wash @ ACE Hardware|
|Saturday, September 19||District Choir Auditions @ Cy-Springs
- arrive at 7:45am
|Wednesday, September 23||Choir Sister Reveal & Guys' Night Out|
|Saturday, October 3||ManFest @ Cy-Creek
- required for all guys
- students arrive @ 8:30am
- FREE concert @ 4pm
|October 8, 9, 10 & 13||Urinetown: the Musical
- 7pm in the Auditorium
|Saturday, October 17||Region Choir Auditions @ Cy-Ranch
- Arrive at 7:45am
|Tuesday, October 20||Fall Concert @ 7pm
- Required for ALL students
- Required after-school dress rehearsal for non-varsity students Monday, October 19
|Wednesday, October 28||Fright Night Halloween Social|
|Saturday, October 31||Golf Tournament @ Longwood
- 8:30am shotgun start
Welcome back, Bobcat Choir Family!
As the year gets started here are a few reminders to make sure you stay ahead for the 2015-2016 school year:
1. Our Parent Demo Concert is on Thursday, September 3.
- This is a great way to get acquainted with the choir program by meeting other students and their families as well as receiving lots of great information from our wonderful booster club.
- Parents and guardians are HIGHLY encouraged to attend.
- Students are required to participate.
- There will be a dessert social immediately following the demo — you won’t want to miss out!
- Sell that chocolate! It’s our one big fundraiser, and there are some pretty great incentives for selling extra. Find out more information about the fundraiser and Busy Parent Buy-Out HERE.
- Due FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 4
- Have you turned in your forms? Click HERE if you still need to print and complete these forms.
- If you attended Choir Express, please print a NEW medical form — the district has updated their form since Choir Express, and we will be using that form instead of the one you submitted at Choir Express.
- There will be a donut party for the class that turns in the highest percentage of their forms and fees!
4. DISTRICT CHOIR AUDITIONS
- If you are planning on competing, please pay your entry fee of $25 to Cy-Fair Choir.
- Auditions will be held at Cy-Springs on September 19.
- Find more information HERE.
1. CHOIR EXPRESS IS AUGUST 13!
Please make every effort to be there. Click HERE or the “Choir Express” tab above, or scroll down to find out more information.
- Returning Choir Students: 5:30-7:30pm
- New Choir Students: 7:30-9:30pm
2. All-State audition repertoire has been posted under the STUDENTS Link!
3. Langham Creek Choir Camp/All-State Information
If you are planning on participating in the All-Region/All-State process, the Langham Creek District Choir Camp is a must!
When: August 11 & 12, 8:30 to 3:30
Where: Langham Creek HS
Cost: $30.00 CASH
***Make sure you have an All-State Packet before camp starts. Langham will have a few to sell, but it is a first-come, first-served basis.
You can purchase your All-State Packet by calling and ordering from AMC Music at 713-802-2900. Ask for a large-school packet.
Your attendance to Bobcat Choir Express is extremely important. Put it on your calendars today!
WHO: Incoming and Returning Choir Memebers
WHAT: Come to Bobcat Choir Express
WHEN: Thursday, August 13, 2015
- Returning Choir Students: 5:30-7:30pm
- New Choir Students: 7:30-9:30
WHERE: Starting in the Cy-Fair Choir Room and Auditorium
DETAILS: At Bobcat Choir Express you will…
- Be fitted for your formal uniform.
- Update your Charms Account
- Pick up your FUNDRAISER materials
- Fill out required forms (medical, media, carpool)
- Pay your Fair Share Fee ($50)
PARENTS OF NEW STUDENTS: You are invited to a brief welcome meeting in the auditorium!
We will be traveling to Winter Park, Colorado for our 2016 Spring Trip!
The cost of the trip is approximately $975 and may vary depending on fuel costs, hotel rates, etc.
More information about the Spring Trip and the payment plans will be available at Choir Express on Thursday, August 13!
Thank you to all of you who applied for an officer position on the choir council!
There were so many qualified candidates who can bring so much to the table, and we hope that all of you would still continue to contribute to the success of the Cy-Fair Choir program for the 2015-2016 school year. With that said, we would like to congratulate the following students on their appointments to the Cy-Fair Choir Council:
Executive Choir Council
President – Amy Akins
Vice-President – Kelsey McCown
Secretary – Jordan Choate
Historians – Karen Tran (Chair) & Claire Levinson
Chaplain – Caroline Smith
Librarians – Maia Johnson (Chair), Courtney Mayes & Natalie Jasik
Publicity Team – Ashley McMahan (Chair), Sarah Buss, Claire Ginger & Alex Slaid
Social Committee – Jewel Tapp (Chair), Julia Kim, Joey Thurston & Molly O’Donnell
Singers VP – Jed Dvoracek
Advanced Women Officers
Representative: Madi Christian
Secretary: Macey Parr
Historian: Ashlyn Kimball
Librarian: Elena McGown
Administrative Section Leaders: Elena McGown (Sop 1), Mariel Placeres (Sop 2), Maia Lance (Alto)
Stretch Leader: Leah Popielarczyk
Again, we would like to extend our gratitude to all of the students who auditioned for placement in the Cy-Fair Choir program for the 2015-2016 school year! We look forward to another outstanding school year that will take this program to the next level! Congratulations to all of our wonderful students!
Ernesto Castillo, Jr.
Maryann Sagaya Babu
Mary Kathryn Bane
Ja Niah Dupree
Ashley San Jose
Alma “Abby” Zelaya
Noah De La Fuente
Chad Goss, Jr.
Reynaldo Padron Cepeda
George Ramirez, Jr.
Enchanted Cypress Ballroom
12603 Louetta Rd, Cypress, TX, 77429
- Friday, May 29, 6:30-11:00pm. Please arrive at 6:30. Dinner is served at 7:00.
- Viva Las Vegas!
- Colors: Red, black and white
CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN: (Bring these items TO banquet.)
- 1st: Strawberries
- 2nd: Graham Crackers
- 3rd: Sopranos – Oreos, Altos – Marshmellows, Men – Pretzels
- 5th: Pineapple