We are looking to raise around $500 to boost our student scholarship fund for this year’s choir students. We gave out around $3300 last school year to outgoing seniors and current students enrolled in the program for the following school year. We are $500 short in terms of where we were last year. We were going to do a Golf Tournament to help raise funds for this cause but it did not work for this year.
Instead we are going to do a donation drive to raise money for scholarships. Anyone who has the link (at the bottom of this email) will be able to donate toward the Cy-Fair Choir scholarship fund. The deadline to donate is next Friday, April 6th. If we raise more than $500, that would be amazing! The more we can help out our students the better!
The scholarships we give out to choir students are:
- Eddie Quaid Scholarship (available to outgoing senior who is majoring in music)
- Jed Ragsdale Scholarship (available to any outgoing senior who is continuing their education at a 2 or 4-year college)
- Voice Lessons Scholarship (half or full scholarships for any student in the choir program with one of the voice teachers on our voice faculty)
- All-State Camp Scholarship (full or partial scholarships for someone who is enrolled in an All-State camp for the summer)
- Langham Creek All-State Camp Scholarship (full scholarship for the Langham Creek All-State choir camp in August)
To donate, please go to: https://squareup.com/store/cy-fair-high-school-choir